Should plants in a greenhouse be watered with cold water in cold weather?
Should plants in a greenhouse be watered with cold water or during cold
Water the vegetables very carefully in cold weather. If the soil is sufficiently moist,
watering is not recommended.
Dry soil is moistened no more than once a week. Be sure to ventilate the
greenhouse. When the temperature drops, vegetables are most susceptible to
diseases. It is necessary during such periods to carry out preventive procedures:
spray plants with pesticides in order to avoid root rot «PREVECUR ENERGY,
Soil watering of vegetables in the greenhouse in this type of weather is carried out
carefully, do not allow the plants to get wet, control the level of humidity in the
greenhouse. Watering vegetable plants in a greenhouse in cold weather depends on
several other important factors:
- Do not treat crops in the greenhouse with pesticides in cloudy weather, and
fertilization is not recommended either.
- In cold air, if the sun is shining, even periodically - due to variable
cloudiness - the greenhouse heats up well and quickly, thus warming the
soil. The greenhouse always has its own weather - its own distinctive
- It is necessary to monitor the temperature according to the thermometer, and
open the vents for ventilation and oxygen access to the greenhouse at 30
degrees Celsius or higher, and then close the vents or cover them, leaving
small gaps as soon as the temperature drops to 20 degrees Celsius or lower.
- It is vital to look at the state of soil moisture before watering - if the soil is
not dry and sufficiently moist, then watering the plants in cold weather is not
- Avoid watering with cold water, rather watering should be done with settled,
slightly warm water.
- During cold weather if there is no sun, it is cloudy and rainy, it is cool in the
greenhouse (below 15 degrees Celsius) - then you should not water the
plants at all.